New users can be added to your account at any time from within the Admin application. Before creating a new user profile, be sure to have the person's first and last names and email address on-hand. You'll also assign a role for each application that specifies the level of access the user will have. Once the profile is created, the system automatically emails the new user with login instructions. If a password was not specified in the profile, the user will be prompted to create one the first time they log into Veritone.
To Add a User
Click the App Picker icon in the upper right of the window and select Admin from the drop-down list. The Admin application opens.
Click the Users tile. A list of the organization's Users opens.
Click the +User icon in the upper right of the window. The New User window opens to the Basic Info tab.
1. Enter the user's first and last name as you would like it to display in the system.
2. Enter a password for the user to log into the system. Leave this field blank to let the
user set a password the first time they log into the system.
3. Enter the user's email address. The email address is used as the username for
logging into the system.
4. Leave the box checked to automatically email the user instructions for logging into
5. Click to add an optional profile picture of the user. Images can be uploaded from
your computer or imported with a URL from an online resource (e.g., Google
6. Click Next. The Roles and Permissions tab opens.
7. Click an application name in the left menu. The available Roles for the application
8. Click the Status button to select the appropriate role for the user. The active role's
Status button displays in blue.
- Admin: This is the only available role for the Admin application. Because this role provides a user open access to all Admin app functionality for your organization (including your organization profile, users, and Clusters), it's recommended to only assign this role to individuals who will be responsible for configuring and managing your account. For all other users, leave No Role selected.
- CMS Editor: Allows a user to add and process media jobs and view media content in your organization's account.
- CMS Viewer: Gives a user access to search and view media content in your account.
- Discovery Editor: Allows a user to create watchlists, verify mentions, and view media content in your organization's account.
- Discovery Viewer: Gives a user access to search and view content in your account.
9. When a role has been set for each application, click Save in the bottom right of the
window. The organization's Users page re-opens and a green confirmation
message momentarily displays.