Manual redaction gives you the ability to easily create masks on faces you select, including any faces that automated redaction may have missed. On the starting video frame where a face appears, you can draw and size a redaction mask, and then select to track the face as it moves forward in the video. Rather than manually adding a mask to the same face frame-by-frame, the system does the work by tracking movements and applying a mask as far forward as the face appears in the video. Once tracking is complete, you can immediately play back the video to view the tracker results and make adjustments where necessary to improve accuracy.
- Manual redaction masks are drawn in yellow to distinguish them from boxes created by automated redaction.
- Manually created and tracked masks display on the manual redaction scrubbing timeline at the point in time that they appear in the video.
- Manual redaction masks can be resized or repositioned at any time using the methods described in Edit a Manual Redaction.
Add a Manual Redaction Mask
- Using the video playback controls or keyboard shortcuts, navigate to find the first frame where your redaction target appears. The video must be paused to manually add a redaction mask.
2. Use your mouse to draw a box around your redaction target starting with the top left corner.
Click on the UDR
Manually added masks can be resized, repositioned, or deleted using the methods described here.
3. Add additional masks as needed and click Save below the Faces panel when finished. The Save changes confirmation window opens.
4. Click Save to record your changes.
Track a Manually Added Redaction Mask
Once a manual redaction mask has been added, use the automatic tracking feature to apply the mask as the person moves forward in the video.
1. Click the redaction mask to select it. The redaction mask toolbar opens at the bottom of the video playback window.
2. Click the vertical ellipsis icon and select Track forward in time. The face is tracked as far forward as it extends in the video. When processing is complete, the tracked mask segment shows on the manual redaction scrubbing timeline in yellow.
3. If no additional activity has taken place on the video, the playback marker handle will be set at the beginning frame of the segment. Click play to review the tracking results.
4. Make adjustments to the mask, if necessary. Click Save under the Faces panel when finished. The Save changes confirmation window opens.
5. Click Save to record your changes.
Editing a User-Defined Region
A manual redaction mask can be moved, resized, or deleted at any time using the methods described below.
Note: Masks created by automated redaction cannot be repositioned or resized.
a. To resize a mask, click inside the mask to select it, then drag any of the handles to adjust the size. For best results, it is recommended to size masks 20–30% larger than the face.
b. To reposition a mask, click, hold, and drag the mask to the desired location.
c. To delete a mask, click inside the mask to select it, then click the trash icon on the redaction mask toolbar when it displays.