Why would I Trim and Download Mentions?
Veritone’s Trim feature is a built-in editing tool that makes editing media easier. Users can use Trim to define the duration of their desired Watchlist Mention or Search Result prior to downloading.
How can I Trim and Download Mentions?
1. In the Discovery App, click on the Three Dot Action Menu next to your Watchlist Mention or Search Result. Select Trim from the drop-down Menu:
2. This will open the Trim editing modal. Within this modal, play your Mention by clicking on Three Dot Action Menu at the top-left. The yellow highlighted bar above the Media Player time bar indicates approximately where your Mention was recognized by the platform:
3. You can extend your Mention by clicking on the + signs at either end of the timebar. Each click adds 30 seconds of audio. Click as many times as needed to capture your desired media. Click the + sign on the left to add time from the previous segment. Click the + sign on right to add time from the next segment:
4. You can further refine your selection using the inward-facing arrows on either side of the green timebar. Click on either arrow and drag in or out as desired. Once satisfied with your selection, click Trim and Download. An mp3 will automatically download to your computer’s Downloads folder:
- Be sure to click the Play Button throughout the editing process to verify that you are capturing exactly the audio you want.