Why Edit Watchlists?
Watchlists can be edited at any time to ensure Search Criteria are up to date and optimized to suit your needs.
How to Edit a Watchlist
1. In the Discovery App, hover your mouse over the Watchlist you would like to edit. Once the Three Dot Action Menu appears to reveal the drop-down menu, select Edit:
2. This opens the Edit Watchlist Console, consisting of a series of tabs where users set Search Criteria. On the Edit Watchlist Tab, you can edit the Watchlist Name, adjust Start & End Dates, or update your Target Demo. Complete all fields and click Next to proceed:
3. On the Watchlist Location Tab, users select where to store their Watchlist. By default, Watchlists save to Shared Watchlists, where they’ll be accessible to all Org users. To save a Watchlist privately, so that it’s only accessible to you, click My Watchlists. Next, select the Folder where you’d like to save the Watchlist or click Save to Root Level. Once you’ve made your selection, click Next to proceed:
4. On the Edit Search Profile Tab, you can edit Search Terms. Click on a Keyword Pill and select Edit to edit your Search Profile:
5. If using Boolean Search, add Search Term pills by clicking into the search field and entering your terms. When you have finished editing the terms, click Next to proceed:
6. On the Select Media Tab, users identify which media their Watchlist should target. First, select the Index by either clicking All Media to target the Public Media Index or My Media to target your organization’s media.
7. Next, select the Media Type. For example, to target Radio, click the corresponding box. Select All to target all radio programming in the selected Index:
a) Alternatively, users may select specific markets or programs within their Index. In the case of markets, click Select Markets. A selection field will appear below, where users can select target markets. Note that when this option is selected, a new Select Program Tab populates:
b) Similarly, users may opt to target specific programs by clicking Select Programs. Like with Select Markets, a new Select Program Tab populates:
8. On the Select Programs Tab, click on Stations in the left-hand sidebar to reveal the station list. Your Org’s stations will appear under My Stations, while stations from Veritone’s PMI will appear under Additional Stations (note that these appear regardless of which Index was selected). Scroll through the list or filter by searching in the field at the top. Select your desired station(s) by clicking the corresponding box. Once selections are made, click Apply Filters:
Once applied, the program list on the right filters to just those from your selected stations. Click Select All to select all programs from those stations or individually select programs from the list by clicking on the corresponding boxes. Once your selections are made, click Next to proceed:
9. On the Actions Tab, users elect to receive Watchlist Notifications via email either Immediately, Daily, Weekly, or Never. To add an alert, first select your desired frequency. In the case of Daily Notifications, you’ll need to set a time to receive the alert. For Weekly Notifications, you’ll need to set both a day and time:
Next, in the field below, enter the email address that alerts should be sent to. Click Add Notification to add the recipient to your Notifications List below:
10. Repeat as necessary. Once satisfied with your Notification List, click Save to finalize the Edit Watchlist process:
11. Once created, users can immediately access their Watchlist by navigating to the Folder to which they saved it. Depending on the duration and scope of your Search Criteria, note that it may take a few minutes for Mentions to generate.
- When choosing a name for your Watchlist, we recommend that you include a relevant primary identifier, such as an Advertiser, Contest, or Segment Name. Other useful identifiers include targeted media as well as the specified date range. For example, if your Watchlist is targeting Dunkin Donuts on ABCD-FM in Q4, you might use the following convention: Dunkin Donuts - ABCD-FM - Q4 2018.
- As a Best Practice, we recommend testing Search Criteria before creating a Watchlist. This will ensure that the Watchlist captures all relevant content while also excluding content that is not relevant (i.e. False Positives).
- To ensure that your Search Profile remains relevant, keep your Watchlist duration targeted. As a Best Practice, we recommend Watchlist duration not exceed three months. By default, Watchlist durations may not exceed 365 days and sometimes less (the exact threshold is variable as it is contingent on your Org’s configuration. Please consult your Customer Success Manager to determine your configuration settings).
- Target Demos are based on the most recent National 12+ Nielsen Book. When a specific Demo is selected during Watchlist creation, Analytics data will reflect only that demographic. If no demo is selected, Analytics data will display the total audience number across all demographics.