Why Create a Campaign?
Creating a Campaign enables users to simultaneously track multiple advertiser campaigns in Veritone Attribute. Campaigns will correlate media playout source data with your advertiser's website traffic analytics. The data insights gathered from these analytics can be visualized in the Dashboard Suite and downloaded to print or share with others.
How to Create a Campaign
1. Click New in the top left corner of the screen and select Campaign.
2. Next, you will land on the Campaign Details page. Here you can will enter basic campaign information including Campaign Name, Campaign Dates, Attribution Timespan and select the Advertiser to associate the Campaign with.
3. In the Campaign Name field, enter the name you would like to use for the campaign (i.e. Dunkin Donuts Sponsorships).
4. In the Campaign Dates field, click on the calendar icon or in the date field to open the calendar. Scroll and click on the start date and scroll down to select the end date. When the end date is selected, the calendar will automatically close.
5. The Attribution Timespan field shows the default timespan that Veritone Attribute will correlate the advertiser website traffic to ads aired. If you would like to adjust the timespan, click the up or down arrows to the right of the number that is shown or click into the text field and update to the desired number.
NOTE: Depending on your organization, you may or may not have the option to adjust the default timespan.
NOTE: 8 minutes is currently the industry standard for website traffic attribution. Keep in mind, if the attribution timespan is expanded or narrowed it could skew the results of your campaign by attributing more or fewer advertiser website visits to the ads run.
You may also see that you have the option to add custom timespans by day part by clicking ADD CUSTOM. Here you can limit a custom attribution window to a specific time of day.
To delete custom attribution windows that have been added, click the trash can icon to the right of the time fields.
6. Once you click Next, you will be able to select your stations and Campaign creative. To select/deselect stations, simply click on the checkboxes.
To add creative from your logs, click Edit Search on the Pre-Recorded Spots tile. This will open a pop up window. From here, you can type in the name of advertiser/campaign as it appears in your log to select individual pieces of creative OR to select multiple pieces of creative to track.
Start typing your advertiser name on the 3rd line of the pop up window. Click Add and then Close to view a preview of your results. Click Done.*
Want to track all creative instead of specific campaigns? Simply type in the name of your advertiser/campaign as it appears in your log and instead of selecting specific creative from the drop down list, just click Add.
This will add your keyword to the top of the search bar and now the platform will continuously search for every time that name appears within the log, tracking each corresponding promotion.
7. If you have a live read component you'd like to track in parallel to your prerecords, you can also click on Live Reads (the second tile) and enter in your live read copy to track. (For example: "brought to you by Comcast"). Click Add to view the preview pane and then Done to close out that window. Finally, click Save at the bottom right hand corner of the page to complete set up for your Campaign!
PRO TIP: If you have any questions on how to enter live read copy keywords or finding creative in your logs, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
*Please Note: Depending on your log format, you may need to filter down to other fields aside from "Event Name" such as "Artist Name" to find your creative. This is specific to your log data. For any questions on this, please contact your Customer Success Manager.