1. Click New Case in the upper left of the window. The Create New Case dialog box opens.
2. Enter the case details.
a. Case ID (required): The case identification number assigned by your organization. b. Date: The current date auto-populates by default. Hover over the date to access
tools to change the date.
- x: Clear the date and enter a new one.
- Up/down arrows: Click on the month, day, or year and use the arrows to incrementally adjust the date up or down.
- Downward triangle: Click choose a date from the calendar.
c. Time: The current local time auto-populates by default. Hover over the time to access tools to change the time.
- x: Clear the time and manually enter a new one.
- Up/down arrows: Click on the hour, minutes, or AM/PM and use the arrows to incrementally adjust the time.
d. Case Name (required): The name of the case (what will be displayed on the Case Management Panel)
e. Case Description (optional): A description with details about the case
f. Agency or Department (optional): The name of the agency or department working the case
g. Officer(s) (optional): The name(s) of any officers assigned to the case. Enter an officer’s name and press enter/return to add it to the case.
h. Address, City, State, Zip Code (optional): The address where the crime occurred.
i. Case Avatar (optional): Click to upload an image to identify the case.
3. Click Create New. The case file is created and the File Picker dialog box opens to upload evidence.