The Mention Detail page allows you to take various actions on the mention from a single place, these include:
- Trimming and editing the time of the Mention and its engine output.
- Trimming and Downloading the Media
- Exporting the Media and the engine output
- Sharing the Mention via link, email, or social media
Trimming and Editing Time
You can easily edit the duration of any mention by using the trim feature on the timeline. This tool allows you to modify the start and stop time of any mention and trim to your desired length.
- From the Mention Detail Page click the trim button located on the player timeline.
- After clicking the trim button, you can grab the start and stop handles on the player bar and drag them to the desired length.
- Click the Trim to commit to the changes
Note: The engine output will also highlight to help you get the most accurate trim possible.
Note: A confirmation will display on the bottom left corner of your screen, informing you when the mention has been trimmed successfully
Trimming and Downloading Media
Once you have trimmed your mention to the desired length you can download the Media using the download option available in the trim tool.
- The Mention Detail Page click the trim located on the player timeline.
- After clicking the trim button and modifying the duration, click the download to begin your download
Note: If you only want to download a specific duration without trimming the mention, there is no need to click the trim confirmation button.
Exporting Engine Output and/or Media
Using the Mention Detail page you are able to export the engine output and Media of your mention.
Note: Currently only Transcription engine output is supported through exporting
- From the Mention Detail Page locate export , located on the top of the page
- From the menu options select:
- Export: This will open the Export page allowing you to choose from the available engine output and options to include the media download in a zip file
- Download: A simple download of the media content will begin in browser
Note: The engine output will contain the entire transcription of the original file
Adding additional time to your Mention
You have the ability to add additional time to your mention in order to make the mention longer at the start or stop.
- From the Mention Detail Page locate the Plus on the left and right of the player timeline
- Click each Plus button on the desired side to add an additional 30 seconds of time in the desired location
Note: The Plus feature is only available if additional duration is available on the mention. If there is no additional time, pre or post mention the button will be disabled.
Sharing a Mention
You can share your Mention to others outside of Veritone through various methods, these recipients will be able to view and play the Mention through a sharable landing page.
- From the Mention Detail Page locate the Share
- The Share modal will open and you will have the option to choose 3 options
- Sharable Link: Generate and share a link directly to this Mention
- Email: Input email addresses to share this Mention
- Social Media: Choose from Facebook or Twitter, and share a link on your account
Reset your Mention
You can always reset your mention back to the original copy with the single click of a button.
Note: This is not reversible and all edits will be lost.
- From the Mention Detail Page locate the “ Reset Mention” button
- Click the “Reset Mention” button
Note: A confirmation will display on the bottom left corner of your screen, informing you when the mention has been successfully reset.