What is the Export Feature for Watchlist Mentions?
The Export tool in the Discovery App enables users to quickly and easily export transcripts from their Watchlist Mentions with a few simple clicks.
Users can export transcripts in the supported formats:
.txt - Plain Text
.txtAvid - Plain Text for Avid
.doc - Word Document
.docx - Word Document
.ttml - Time Text Markup Language
How to Export Transcripts from Watchlist Mentions
1. Select the Watchlist you’d like to target from the Mentions View (or default view) in Discovery:
2. To Export the transcript of a select Mention, click on the 3 Dot Action Menu. Next, select Export from the list of options:
3. This will bring you to the screen below. From here, click on the downward-facing arrow to select your preferred format type. Generally .txt or .doc/x will be the preferred text formats:
4. Toggle ON the Enable File Download option to also extract the mp3 or mp4 from the platform:
5. Click Export to download the transcription and file to your local computer drive. This will automatically download to the Downloads folder on your computer as a Zip file:
The Export feature is only supported for media owned by your Organization. You are not able to leverage this tool for media processed outside of your Org.
The Export tool is not currently supported by Bulk Actions, so you will need to export transcriptions on a Mention-by-Mention basis.