This release introduces significant performance enhancements and optimizations for customers that process in Veritone's Cloud, as well as provides the ability to run object detection on Edge (on-prem) deployments.
Please note that this release contains required updates that require your action before August 31, 2020, as mentioned below.
Cloud processing now supports Veritone's "V3" platform
Veritone has significantly enhanced both the performance and the reliability of its Cloud platform. We call this enhancement "V3." With this release, aiWARE for Relativity customers can reap the benefits of this new and improved platform, which include decreased processing times and fewer interruptions.
Note that this is a required update for customers that process in Veritone's Cloud. Relativity environments/workspaces that have not been upgraded to this version rap file by August 31, 2020 will no longer be able to transcribe, translate or run object detection in Veritone's Cloud.
Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions or if you need assistance with the upgrade.
Edge processing for object detection is now generally available
With this release, we're expanding aiWARE for Relativity's support for Edge processing by introducing the ability to perform object detection on Edge deployments. This means Edge processing customers will now enjoy feature parity with Cloud for all aiWARE for Relativity supported cognitive categories (transcription, translation, object detection).
If you're interested in learning more about Edge processing, please contact your Veritone Legal representative.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements
- We've made a number of enhancements to the redaction feature, including optimizing how redacted copies of the native file are created to minimize risk of error in that process, and streamlining the way that the start and end time fields behave when a user is creating a redaction. Additionally, we fixed a bug where, in some cases, the redacted time segments on the redacted copy of the native file did not exactly match the related start and end times of the user-created time segment.
- We've made enhancements aiWARE for Relativity's optional delete functionality so that files processed in Veritone's cloud are consistently deleted regardless of job status (i.e. deletions will occur whether or not jobs successfully complete).
- We've made security enhancements to various components of our software code in an effort to continue to harden aiWARE for Relativity from an information security perspective.
- Fixed an issue where some customers were required to enter and save a valid API key on the Admin page in order to transcode audio or video files locally.
- Fixed an issue where customers could not transcode selected files unless the Veritone Document Extension Parser agent was removed.
- Fixed an issue where aiWARE for Relativity's agents would some times get "stuck" trying to process files on a workspace where the application is no longer installed.
If you are your organization's Relativity administrator, download the latest RAP file below to take advantage of these new improvements:
Previous aiWARE for Relativity RAP Files