Why Perform an Edit to a Transcript?
Illuminate provides the ability for users to edit a machine-generated transcript and save those edits. This is used to update any fields that may have been transcribed incorrectly or inaccurately processed. This can also be used to identify multiple speakers while using our speaker separation engines, further enriching the metadata you are able to extract from your media.
How to Edit an Original Transcript in Illuminate
From the Illuminate home page, select Files and open the specific file in which you want to make edits.
2. Once you have opened your file, click to enlarge your file view to Full Screen.
3. Now that your file is in Full Screen View, select the pencil in the top right corner.
4. Once you have selected the pencil icon, you will see the status has been changed to Edit Mode. From here, you will be able to make edits to the transcribed text. To do this, simply click into the text and begin making your edits.
5. After completing all necessary edits, select Save at the bottom right corner.
6. Now that your edits have been saved in the system, you will have access to both the Original transcripts, as well as the User-Edited version. To view your original transcripts, select the dropdown menu under Transcription. From here you will select the dropdown arrow next to Versioning, and select Original.
7. If needed, you can restore the User-Edited Transcript back to its Original state by selecting Restore Original within the same dropdown as indicated in step 6.
8. From here, you are all set to export your data which will include your User-Edited Transcript.
How to Edit a Speaker Separated Transcript in Illuminate
To edit a Speaker Separated Transcript within Illuminate, you will follow the same steps 1-3 as listed above.
Once you are in Edit Mode, to edit the speaker within this transcript, simply hover over the A or B bubbles and select the pencil symbol to start editing.
3. From here, you will see a small box pop up, enabling you to give your speaker a name and indicate whether you want this to remain consistent throughout the entire transcript, if for example, Speaker A is the same person throughout your media. Once completed, select Add.
Once you have made all applicable edits to your speakers, changes will be visible within the Illuminate application. Be sure to click the blue Save button in the bottom right corner of the page to save all changes.
Curious about Speaker Separation cognition and use cases? Reach out to your Customer Success Manager for more information.