In this article:
How to export a load file out of Veritone Illuminate
How to import a Veritone load file into Relativity
How to designate transcription/translation status as ‘completed’ in Relativity
NOTE: This article is intended for users who are familiar with the process of uploading a load file into Relativity via the Relativity Desktop Client (RDC). If you are unfamiliar with that process, please review Relativity’s help materials HERE.
Why Import a Load File from Veritone Illuminate into Relativity?
Veritone Illuminate makes it easy to run cognition against your data, cull the data down to identify relevant results, and then upload those results into e-Discovery platforms like Relativity. By culling your data down in Illuminate, you save time and money on your case review.
How to Export a Load File Out of Veritone Illuminate
1. Once you’ve run cognition (e.g. transcription or translation) on your data set, select the files that you want to upload into Relativity.
2. Select the Export icon to initiate the export process:
3. Select the Export Options which align with the cognition you’ve run (see Understanding the Export Options for further explanation.) Make sure to include the output which you ultimately want to see in Relativity:
4. Download the export to your desktop by navigating to the History tab and selecting the download icon which corresponds to your most-recent export:
5. The downloaded zip file will contain folders for each output you selected in the Export Options. It will also include a Summary.txt file. This Summary.txt file is the load file which will be uploaded into Relativity:
How to Import a Veritone Load File into Relativity
1. From your RDC, select to Import → Load File into the applicable Relativity workspace.
2. Select the Summary.txt file and change the File Encoding to Unicode (UTF-8):
3. From the Column dropdown, select I (ASCII:124). Leave all other dropdowns as their default value.
4. Navigate to Field Map and make the necessary selections to align all applicable Workspace Fields with the Load File Fields.
Control Number [Identifier] → Base Filename
Veritone Machine Transcription Text → Plaintext File Path
Veritone Machine Transcription VLF → VTN Standard File Path
Spanish to English Translated Text → Translation File Path
Custom Field Created for Speaker Separation → Speaker Separation File Path
Veritone Machine Transcription VLF → VTN Standard File Path is used to sync the time-stamped transcribed text to the Veritone media player in Relativity.
In order to carry over speaker separation to Relativity, a custom field needs to be created in Relativity where the results will be written. Speaker separated text cannot be displayed underneath the Veritone media player in Relativity.
5. To extract the Transcription and Translation results, utilize the Extracted Text field in Relativity. Ensure you designate from the Extracted Text dropdown which text you will be importing. Use Unicode (UTF-8) for encoding of undetectable files:
6. Once all selections have been made, navigate to Import → Import File:
NOTE: To import multiple fields into Relativity, walk through steps 4-6 more than once (e.g. once for Plaintext File Path, once for Speaker Separation File Path, etc.)
How to Designate Status as ‘Completed’ in Relativity
To ensure the results of your import (e.g. transcribed or translated text) successfully display in Relativity, you will need to update their status to Completed.
1. From the Documents tab in your Relativity workspace, select the files which encompass the load file.
2. Select Edit from the bulk action menu.
3. Select Veritone Metadata from the dropdown:
5. For Transcription adjust Veritone Transcoding Completed → Yes AND set Veritone Machine Transcription Status → Completed
6. For Translation adjust Veritone Machine Translation Status → Completed